In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
-I Thessalonians 5:18, KJV
Adapting a line from my old pastor, the Greek word for “everything” means “everything.” So, we are to give thanks in–you guessed it–everything!
I believe giving thanks is a spiritual discipline God gives us to help us out of our own self-pity and funk. God encourages us to look outside and see the great gifts He has lavished upon us.
The first being the breath in our lungs and our ability to give Him praise!
This Thanksgiving–here in the USA–I encourage you to engage in the ancient spiritual practice and discipline of giving God thanks. Count your blessings and thank Him!
I am thankful for so much this year:
- I am thankful for decent health. A strong, thriving body is so often easy to take for granted.
- I am thankful for you–i.e. everyone who comes here and finds encouragement.
- I am thankful for Mrs. DM and Munchkin. My joy-filled cup runneth over…
- I am thankful for my new job that I started this past March. It is amazing to see where I am today professionally considering where I was on discovery day.
- I am thankful for my extended family including my in-laws who I appreciate greatly.