You will never hear Jesus say to an adultery/infidelity survivor…
1. “You do realize that you deserved this, right?!”
- Truth: No one deserves to be cheated on. God demands everyone honor the marriage bed and keep it undefiled (see Hebrews 13:4). And God consistently condemns adultery including it as prohibited explicitly in the Ten Commandments (e.g. Exodus 20:14).
2. “You’re so disgusting. I can see why he left you.”
- Truth: You were made in the image of God (see Genesis 1:27). And God’s heart is ravished by just one glance from you (see Song of Solomon 4:9). He is wild about you!
3. “You got to ask yourself, ‘Why did she have to cheat on you?'”
- Truth: The only person who has to sin is a slave to sin and not a child of God (see John 8:34-35, Romans 6:16, and I John 3:6).
4. “Come on! It’s not that big of a deal. Everyone sins.”
- Truth: Adultery is a very big deal to God! He will judge the adulterous (see Hebrews 13:4). And God calls adultery evil (see Deuteronomy 22:22).
5. “Nobody will ever want you!“
- Truth: You were bought at the dearest of prices–i.e. the blood of God’s only Son (e.g. John 3:16 and I Corinthians 6:20). So, God wants you very much and has promised to always take you in (see Psalm 27:10 and John 6:37).